Access your Pro+ Content below.
Focus: Object storage
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
Object storage does away with the tree-like hierarchies of file systems used by traditional storage NAS and SAN systems. Instead, object storage allows access to stored items via a flat system of unique identifiers, something like the domain name system of the internet. Doing away with unwieldy file systems can speed access when large numbers of files are held and are potentially key to stateless web-based applications. In addition, the rich metadata of object storage can boost the potential for analytics on your data.
Table Of Contents
- Object storage will be 'huge' in stateless world of web and mobile
- Storage 101: Object storage vs block vs file
- Amazon S3 storage 101: Object storage in the cloud
- Object storage: Cloud vs in-house
- NAS vs object: Which one for large volumes of unstructured data?
Access this CW+ Content for Free!
More CW+ ContentView All