Access your Pro+ Content below.
Top 10 cloud stories of 2021
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
There have been plenty of ups and downs in the world of cloud over the course of 2021. The public sector has emerged as a core battleground for both public cloud giants and their smaller rivals, sustainability became more important in the cloud sourcing decisions than ever before and much more. Look at top 10 cloud stories of 2021.
Table Of Contents
- Gaia-X founding member Scaleway exits project over misgivings about its future direction
- Cabinet Office slammed after advising users to ditch UKCloud as further investment nears
- AWS courts local councils across UK and Ireland with three-month free cloud services trial offer
- NHS Education for Scotland defends 'decade-long' public cloud deal with AWS
- US Department of Defense cancels controversial $10bn JEDI contract
- Defra to lead creation of cloud-focused IT sustainability standard for use across government
- UK government tells firms to use cloud to curb their carbon emissions and fight climate change
- Google joins Microsoft and Facebook by pledging to replenish more water than it consumes by 2030
- VMware CTO: The days of enterprises going ‘all-in’ on one public cloud provider ‘are dead’
- Inside a Microsoft Azure datacentre: Cloud giant invites users on server farm virtual tour