Access your Pro+ Content below.
Top 10 datacentre stories of 2021
Sponsored by TechTarget ComputerWeekly.com
The 2021 datacentre news cycle has been dominated by stories about how demand for hyperscale datacentre capacity is continuing to boom, while market watchers grow increasingly concerned about how all this growth is affecting the environment. With this in mind, here's a look back over Computer Weekly's top 10 datacentre stories of 2021.
Table Of Contents
- Cloud and datacentre giants unite to create climate neutral EU datacentre industry by 2030
- Government gets updated powers to intervene on tech-related M&A deals on national security grounds
- OVHcloud confirms no casualties following fire at Strasbourg datacentre campus
- Average size of hyperscale datacentres is on the rise
- Climate change and datacentres: Weighing up water use
- The Cambridge-1 switch-on: UK’s most powerful supercomputer goes live
- QTS acquired in $10bn datacentre deal
- Government flags opportunity for re-use of waste datacentre heat in net-zero strategy
- Dublin in distress: Power supply issues threaten growth of Europe’s second-biggest datacentre hub
- The second coming: The Nordic datacentre market comes of age