Access your Pro+ Content below.
Top 10 datacentre stories of 2019
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
The demand from the hyperscale cloud and internet companies for colocation capacity continued to cast a long shadow over the datacentre sector in 2019, and served to ensure a number of the trends that have influenced the news cycle in previous years continued to play out. Here’s a look back over Computer Weekly’s top 10 datacentre stories of 2019.
Table Of Contents
- Digital Realty and Interxion gun for market leader Equinix through colocation mega-merger
- Equinix launch $1bn joint venture to secure more European hyperscale colocation spend
- Legal & General Capital ploughs investment into Kao Data’s Essex-based datacentre campus
- Assessing the aftermath of Apple’s abortive effort to build its Irish datacentre
- Ireland’s power network needs €9bn investment by 2027 to sustain datacentre sector, claims report
- Unpicking the datacentre industry’s complicated relationship with climate change
- Record-breaking colocation take-up across Europe prompts renewed space availability concerns
- Amsterdam new-build datacentre ban is not an ‘attack’ on operators, says government
- Microsoft-owned LinkedIn commits to multi-year, all-in move to Azure public cloud
- Blackout after Brexit: UK datacentres brace for post-EU power supply and cost changes