Access your Pro+ Content below.
Top 10 Middle East IT stories of 2021
Sponsored by TechTarget ComputerWeekly.com
Technology is being harnessed in two ways by these countries. An IT sector is being established with overseas markets in its sights, while technology such as artificial intelligence is being used to support other emerging industries in the region. Here are Computer Weekly’s top 10 Middle East IT stories of 2021.
Table Of Contents
- Can UAE become a world leader in AI?
- UAE offers ‘golden visas’ to coders as part of national IT skills programme
- What does Saudi Arabia’s autonomous vehicle agenda mean to the rest of the world?
- Dubai International Finance Centre’s data protection law to be boosted by new federal regulation
- How Gulf SMEs are building digital resilience amid the pandemic
- How the pandemic accelerated the Gulf’s edtech revolution
- Bahrain hopes 5G roll-out will attract more tech firms to its shores
- Nokia and Ooredoo initiate 4G and 5G fixed wireless access deployment across Oman
- Gulf hospitals flock to digital health to manage lifestyle diseases
- Saudi IT spending to hit $11bn in 2021