Collision of suppliers
- Mobile and fixed line serviced providers, keen to provide the bandwidth.
- Traditional telco equipment providers that are keen to maintain their existing relationships and sell IP PBXs that enable voice communications and other services over IP networks
- Data networking vendors that want you to replace your traditional PBX with their own kit.
- Software vendors that believe you don’t even need a PBX
- End use device suppliers that want to own the user interface to UC
- The suppliers of certain “web 2.0” services that think they are the best way forward
- Video conferencing vendors that will tell you no UC experience is complete without the ability to see, as well as hear, the participants in an online conference.