Each year the judges of the Computer Weekly list of the most influential women in UK IT choose five women who are proving to be making their way up and increasing their profile in the IT landscape.
By highlighting these great women, the hope is to showcase the names of industry role models who are making a difference in the technology sector.
The “rising star” category was added to the judging process of the list of the most influential women in UK to give more opportunity to recognise women making a difference to the industry, and to separately acknowledge the Rising Stars for their work and potential.
The judges selected five women whose growing influence is likely to make them candidates for the top 50 in coming years:
- Angela Yu, NHS doctor and founder of the London App Brewery
- Carrie-Anne Philbin, director of education at the Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Charlotte Robertson, co-founder of Digital Awareness UK
- Emma Robertson, co-founder of Digital Awareness UK
- Jennifer Arcuri, founder of Hacker House and The InnoTech Network