3) Johannesburg, South Africa
The personal crime rate and the number of police per citizen were key concerns for offshoring in Johannesburg. The instability of the South African currency as well as corruption and organised crime were also high risk.
A report published by the Brown-Wilson Group details which locations are the most risky places to offshore your IT.
The 2009: The Year of Outsourcing Dangerously took into account various considerations that could maker offshoring IT to these locations risky.
- Corruption & Organised Crime
- Network and Infrastructure security
- Currency stability
- Personal Crime Rate and Police-to-Citizen Ratio
- Environmental Waste & Pollution
- Legal System
- Weather/Climate Threats