Access your Pro+ Content below.
IT Project: Internet of Things
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
The internet of things, or IoT, is moving from far-fetched to reality in 2016, and more and more enterprises are taking a serious look at how they can capitalise on this to improve their processes. In this e-guide Rene Millman explores how businesses can get the most out of their IoT projects, looking in-depth at planning, implementation, and the risks and rewards of the IoT. We also examine some early-stage use cases for IoT solutions with a look at how robotics firm Hexagon is using Salesforce’s IoT cloud to tune components to environmental factors, and how Danish facilities management business ISS is using IBM Watson IoT to run hundreds of client sites on a worldwide basis.
Table Of Contents
- My first IoT project: A guide for businesses
- IoT in the enterprise - a pragmatic approach
- British breakthrough for IoT- based business applications this year
- Case study: Facilities firm ISS picks IBM Watson IoT to manage client sites
- Case study: Hexagon turns to Salesforce IoT Cloud to smarten up robots
- Case study: MTR Crossrail overcomes tech hurdles to roll out beacons