The Computer Weekly Infosecurity User Group will discuss vulnerabilities and patching in its final session this year.
The meeting, on 25 November, will look at ways of dealing with software vulnerabilities and patching. Attendees will hear expert advice on complex patching routines and advice on what to do to minimise risk and implement technologically and financially effective security programmes.
Speakers Ross Patel of the Sans Institute and Richard Starnes of Cable & Wireless will investigate:
- Why suppliers sell systems containing critical vulnerabilities
- Where the latest vulnerabilities are occurring
- What users can do to minimise risk
- Benchmarks that can be used to help secure organisations
- What should be in a patching strategy.