Microsoft is in a busy period of software updates following the release of Vista, the latest version of the Windows desktop operating system, Office 2007 and the Longhorn server technology.
The company is also facing new challenges as Linux gains in popularity and Google offers an alternative approach to software. Changes Microsoft makes will affect all IT users.
- Software trends for the 21st century
- It’s not size, but how it is used that matters
- Plan for a slow roll-out of Windows Vista
- Microsoft forges on with virtualisation strategy
- Microsoft drops PDF option after Adobe threat
Other Microsoft special reports