BAA’s latest London airport terminal, Heathrow Terminal 5 was hardly out of the headlines in March 2008 due to cancelled flights and ensuing chaos for passengers .
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
But while the headlines at the time weren't favourable, the construction and day-to-day operation of Terminal 5 is based on ambitious and innovative use of IT.
To catch up on what has happened in the current crisis and background information on Heathrow Terminal 5 from Computer Weekly, see the links below.
- Heathrow's Terminal Five hit by more baggage handling problems
- British airline pilots slam British Airways over Terminal Five
- A fifth of flights cancelled at Heathrow Terminal 5 following technical problems
- Baggage handling system glitch mars Heathrow Terminal 5 opening
- BAA picks barcodes over RFID for terminal 5
- BAA suspends fingerprint biometrics security system at Heathrow Terminal 5
- Heathrow Terminal 5 to make innovative use of IT
- British Airways network at Terminal 5 ready to go
- BAA to RFID tag taxis to boost Terminal 5 security