We’re adding a special category for the IT Blog Awards 2010 to raise funds for a fantastic cause.
The ultimate measure of the success of a blog is engagement with its audience – so we want to challenge bloggers and Twitter users to show us how they can influence their followers by encouraging them to make a donation to a special charity project.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The charity is Computer Aid International and the project we want you to support is Computers for Schools Kenya.
It costs just £50 to get a refurbished PC onto a Kenyan school desk. There is a chronic shortage of PCs in the Kenyan school system and many Kenyan children complete school never having a seen a PC. Without simple IT literacy these children will be denied basic life chances such as equal access to employment opportunities.
All we are asking you to do is encourage your readers or followers to make a donation by directing them to a JustGiving page, and stating it was your blog or tweet that encouraged them to donate.
The person whose followers fund the most PCs for the project will win a prize and we will also put each blogger’s name on a sticker that we can attach to the PCs they fund.
Visit the Just Giving page for all the details.
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Charity Challenge
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Nominate your favourite blogger
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Best International
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Gadgets
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Software Development
- IT Blog Awards 2010: CIO / IT Director
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Individual IT Professional Male
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Individual IT Professional Female
- IT Blog Awards 2010: IT Consultant and Analyst
- IT Blog Awards 2010: IT Security
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Company / Corporate - SME
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Company / Corporate - Large Enterprise
- IT Blog Awards 2010: Project Management
- IT Blog Awards 2010: IT Twitter User of the Year