What's life without SearchVoIP.com.au? It's nothing. To tide you over to the new year, we've prepared our picks of the year! Enjoy.
Top ten SearchVoIP.com.au stories of 2007
- Adam Turner's comprehensive open source VoIP guide assessed whether it was ready for business, as well as user opinions and costs.
- The creater of open source VoIP product Asterisk told us to consider open source VoIP, but avoid hybrid-hosted.
- Our massive five-part mobile VoIP feature, which covered current users, planning, preparation, implementation and the future of the tech, was another notch on Mr Turner's belt.
- And his guide to VoIP codecs was certainly nothing to sneeze at, either!
- No man is an island, so how can you treat your VoIP network like one? Bridge disparate VoIP networks with our guide.
- Vendors rarely speak candidly, so it was with great glee that we reported Microsoft's PR guy saying unified communications was an 'uphill battle' for the company.
- Our examination of the potential of fixed-mobile convergence revealed that, surprise, there's plenty!
- Dual-mode handsets, however, we found were simply not up to snuff.
- An analyst friend of ours reported that Microsoft's VoIP/UC debut, Office Communications Server, would change the face of VoIP, leaving the software mammoth embedded into everything - all over again!
- He also contributed a complete guide to VoIP services and models, replete with colourful pie charts!
See you on the flip-side, readers! Stay safe.
- The TechTarget ANZ team