- Unite - Prudential's project to introduce new back- and front-end systems for the life and pensions business
- Unisys - the selected supplier and a leader in the insurance sector
- Unisure - the flagship product of Unisys on which Prudential's Unite system was to have been based.
Third time unlucky?
- In 1994 a High Court judge found that Sperry, which merged with Burroughs to become Unisys, had acted deceitfully and made misleading sales claims. A project involving marine insurance company Tindall Riley had failed, partly because of performance-related issues. The judge ordered that the supplier pay damages
- In 2001 Unisys was involved in a High Court hearing lasting several weeks after United Assurance (which later became Royal London Insurance) accused it of misrepresentation. The case followed the early termination of a project based on Unisys' flagship insurance product, Unisure. The dispute was settled before a judgement was issued.
Countdown to failure
What went wrong?