Ban downloads and implement personal firewalls to protect corporate systems. Trojans, worms and viruses continue to hog the headlines and diligent network managers have powerful firewalling, anti-virus and patch management policies protecting the fortress. But what good is all this if a Trojan can enter through the front gate?...
- Ensure all web traffic is firewalled
- Block any suspicious outward traffic at the firewall
- Use anti-spyware software regularly, such as Symantec Internet Security, Spybot S&D and Adaware
- Bar unsanctioned software downloads wherever possible
- Monitor computer inventories, especially mobile devices, for illegal software additions
- Implement a security policy addressing internet access
- Block third-party cookies.
An example security policy
Spybot Search and Destroy
Source: Forrester Research