SearchWindowsSecurity.com guide organizes news and expert advice that will help address your XP SP2 security issues and concerns. You'll learn about the new security enhancements in XP SP2, how to prepare for your service pack refresh and even some tips and tricks to resolve post-installation security problems. Drop me an e-mail to let me know what other fast guides you'd like to see on SearchWindowsSecurity.com.
Robyn Lorusso, Editor.
Microsoft: "Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) provides the latest updates to Office XP. The SP2 update contains the latest security features as well as stability and performance improvements."
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Security in XP SP2
Why install XP SP2
When to install XP SP2
Preparing for XP SP2
Troubleshooting installation issues
Submit your XP SP2 questions
- Advice: XP SP2 explained
- News: More security in Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Advice: Pros and cons of XP SP2's isolation and resiliency enhancements
- Advice: Will XP SP2 support TCG Trusted Platform Modules?
- News: XP refresh gives rise to plethora of Group Policy settings
- News: XP SP2 gets an IT thumbs-up -- so far
- Advice: XP SP2: Nothing more than security best practices
- News: XP SP2 stops Download.ject cold
- Advice: Recovering from corrupt IE settings
- Column: XP SP2's good vibe takes a hit
- Advice: Microsoft extends life of XP SP2 download blocker
- Advice: Manually blocking auto-deployment of Windows XP Service Pack 2
- News: The Big Blue pause on XP SP2
- Advice: Securing a new Windows XP upgrade
If you didn't see your XP SP2 installation or testing questions addressed above, ask site expert Kevin Beaver for help. We'll add your question and Kevin's response to this fast guide. Or, ask your peers for help in the SearchWindowsSecurity.com discussion forum.
Read more on IT risk management