A host of speakers from user organisations will be addressing the IT Service Management Forum's annual conference in Birmingham from 13 to 15 November.
The ITSMF, 75% of whose members are user organisations, promotes the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management standards, and its annual conference provides an annual showcase for ITIL best practice through case studies and presentations.
Phil Ives, IT director of Yell Group and chairman of the ITSMF, will preside and speakers from across the user community will share and discuss the results of their best practice experiences. The conference will also feature the ITSMF Awards Ceremony on 14 November.
Aidan Lawes, chief executive of the ITSMF, said, "The calibre of award entries never fails to impress me every year. As organisations depend more and more on technology to promote and deliver their products to market, so the necessity of investing in IT service management becomes more apparent.
"This year the ITSMF has received more than 70 nominations for the for awards. That's 70 examples of demonstrating an improved service through IT service management."
The ITSMF is a not-for-profit organisation which focuses on the on-going development and promotion of IT service management best practice, standards and qualifications. Formed in the UK in 1991, there are now ITSMF chapters in 37 countries.
Speakers at the ITSMF annual conference
- Alison Howitt, Scottish Parliament
- Mark Hall, Severn Trent Water
- Chris McInerney, Andy Champion, and Malcolm Gunn, Barclays Bank
- Lisa Hayward, Lloyds TSB
- Andrew Hill and Roger Appleby, HM Revenue & Customs
- Jane Seeley and Antony Coterill, DHL
- Paul Lea, Devon and Cornwall Constabulary
- Andrew Kirk and Jane Stone, NFU Mutual
- Richard Wright, English Heritage
- Ian Park, Standard Life Assurance