It's official, Computer Weekly is one of the 10 most influential business magazines of the 20th century. Campaign, the bible of the advertising industry, named what it considered to be the 10 most influential UK magazines of the last 100 years in its millennium special. It chose its top 10 on the following criteria:
- Did they break the mould or change the game?
- Are they bigger and more influential than one might reasonably expect them to be?
- Do they generate respect, love or even, on occasion, fear?
- Do they define to the wider world the industry or business about which they write?
- Do they genuinely transcend their market"?
Computer Weekly is the only IT title in the list. Modestly, Campaign did not put itself in the top 10, allocating itself 11th place.
Ten magazines that shook the world