South Asia: project sponsorship will become an area of focus
The roles and responsibilities of the project sponsor are becoming a key focus in South Asia, particularly India and Bangladesh, as organisations try to accelerate their structured approach to project management. Such organisations are trying to avoid the experience of others in their industries around the world whose "spotty" record of success in project sponsorship has contributed in whole, or in part, to less than successful projects.
This is part 7 of a 10 part video series
Sign-up to Computer Weekly to download more resources on project management >>
- The global state of the project management office
- The global state of the PMO: the UK perspective
- The global state of the PMO: the IT perspective
- Are businesses taking chances when it comes to managing outsourcing risk?
- Successful solutions through agile project management
- Business analyst skillset well-suited to change management
- Computer Weekly study: The state of UK IT project management (2003)
This was first published in June 2011