When it comes to choosing a software development company, the options are vast. To help you make the right decision, download our free guide to sourcing a software development company. Or if you already know what you require from a software development company get free no obligation quotes from up to six suppliers.
There are many points to consider when choosing a software developer.
A professional software development company is able to create custom software that is tailored specifically to meet your individual business needs. They can also provide a range of off-the-shelf software packages that can be tweaked to suit your business model.
Our buyer’s guide will take you through the advantages and disadvantages of custom and off-the-shelf software as well as discussing the process of sourcing software developers.
Software Developer Buyer’s Guide
The guide will take you through the following topics:
- Bespoke vs. off-the-shelf software
- Off-the-shelf software: the pros
- Off-the-shelf-software: the cons
- Bespoke software: the pros
- Bespoke software: the cons
- Outsourcing software development
- Choosing a software developer
- Establish your software requirements
- Assess the candidate developers
- Experience and expertise of developer
- Questions to ask
- Begin the software development
- Price guide to software development
Related Buyers Guides:
Go back to IT Mangement Buyer's Guide Overview
This was first published in April 2009