Advanced Mobile Communications has won a multi-million pound contract to provide EE’s 4G connectivity to Care UK’s 4,000 employees.
Advanced will work with EE to ensure Care UK has the best tariff, while supporting and managing the entire mobile fleet, including assets and bills, on the organisation’s behalf.
It claims the health and social care service provider will see major savings over a five-year period, as well as continued savings due to tariff health checks to be conducted by Advanced.
Care UK works with health commissioners to deliver care and support for older people and those living with learning disabilities or mental health conditions. It also provides a range of healthcare services for NHS patients, including primary, secondary and urgent care.
“Advanced’s team understands the commercial characteristics of the health and social care sector,” said James Greenman, group IT director at Care UK. “Advanced was able to illustrate clearly the cost benefits and savings of its proposition and we were reassured by the knowledge that the team are leading experts in the commercial mobile marketplace.”
Advanced, which is part of the Advanced Computer Software Group, already provides software solutions for Care UK since its relationship began in 2006. Solutions include Caresys to manage financials, time and attendance and care planning and Adastra, a leading clinical patient management system for urgent and unscheduled care.
About Care UK
Care UK provides a range of healthcare services to NHS patients:
- Over 50 primary care services including GP and walk-in services, out-of-hours, diagnostics centres, clinical assessment and treatment services and prison health services.
- 11 hospitals that specialise in elective, planned surgery with exceptional clinical outcomes and no cases of hospital acquired MRSA.
Care UK provides care for older people and people with complex needs in both residential and community-based settings:
- Manages 112 care homes with over 6,000 places.
- Runs 13 day care centres – including one that is open 24/7.
- Provides over 100,000 hours of home care every week to more than 14,000 people.
- 50 branches and 18 extra care schemes nationwide. In the past year, Care UK has provided a total of around 7.8 million hours of individual support.
- Delivers tailored care, rehabilitation and support for 300 people with complex mental health needs from a network of 19 homes and hospitals, as well as in the community, and specialist care and support for people with chronic and enduring eating disorders.
- Helps 550 people living with learning disabilities through independent supported living, flexible support at home and active day schemes, in addition to residential care services at 18 locations.