- Building a digital library store to help create a national digital library
- Making records more accessible for users.
Early digitisation successes
Benefits of the digital library store
- Add new electronic materials to the digital store, including new formats as they come onstream
- Automatically construct meta data from the object itself - effectively saving staff resources
- Achieve zero loss of data from the store and provide a secure environment for the library's digital collection items
- Enable the migration or emulation of objects in the store in order to preserve long-term access
- Exchange meta data with other library IT systems for management information and budgetary purposes.