Borland has struck a landmark deal with EDS for its application lifecycle management software to become the global standard for the outsourcer's software development and delivery infrastructure.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
The multimillion-dollar contract is a major blow for IBM/Rational, whose technology Borland will replace. EDS is thought to have tens of thousands of Rational seats worldwide.
Borland will supply EDS with:
- Requirements management (CaliberRM)
- Configuration management (StarTeam)
- Defect and change tracking (StarTeam)
- Object and class modelling (Together ControlCenter)
- Memory and profile testing (OptimizeIT)
Neither EDS nor Borland would comment, although the deal was announced internally at both companies.
Randal Jackson writes for Computerworld