Borland has struck a landmark deal with EDS for its application lifecycle management software to become the global standard for the outsourcer's software development and delivery infrastructure.
The multimillion-dollar contract is a major blow for IBM/Rational, whose technology Borland will replace. EDS is thought to have tens of thousands of Rational seats worldwide.
Borland will supply EDS with:
- Requirements management (CaliberRM)
- Configuration management (StarTeam)
- Defect and change tracking (StarTeam)
- Object and class modelling (Together ControlCenter)
- Memory and profile testing (OptimizeIT)
Neither EDS nor Borland would comment, although the deal was announced internally at both companies.
Randal Jackson writes for Computerworld