Borland has struck a landmark deal with EDS for its application lifecycle management software to become the global standard for the outsourcer's software development and delivery infrastructure.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The multimillion-dollar contract is a major blow for IBM/Rational, whose technology Borland will replace. EDS is thought to have tens of thousands of Rational seats worldwide.
Borland will supply EDS with:
- Requirements management (CaliberRM)
- Configuration management (StarTeam)
- Defect and change tracking (StarTeam)
- Object and class modelling (Together ControlCenter)
- Memory and profile testing (OptimizeIT)
Neither EDS nor Borland would comment, although the deal was announced internally at both companies.
Randal Jackson writes for Computerworld