Amazon is offering business one year's free access to Amazon Web Services.
From November users will be offered a free usage tier for a full year. New AWS customers will be able to run a free Amazon EC2 instance, along with access to Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Block Store, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, and AWS data transfer, Amazon said.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Amazon hopes developers will launch new applications, broaden their AWS knowledge, or gain hands-on familiarity with the platform.
Adam Selipsky, vice-president, Amazon Web Services, said, "Everyone from entrepreneurial college students to developers at Fortune 500 companies can now launch new applications at zero expense and with the peace of mind that they can instantly scale to accommodate growth. We can't wait to see what great ideas are set in motion now that it's free to experiment and launch production applications in the AWS cloud."
Free Amazon cloud:
• 750 hours per month of micro Linux Amazon EC2 instance usage
• 750 hours per month of an Amazon Elastic Load Balancer
• 10Gbytes per month of Amazon Elastic Block Storage
• 5Gbytes per month of Amazon S3 Storage
• 30Gbytes per month of internet data transfer
• 25 machine hours per month of Amazon SimpleDB
• 100,000 requests per month of Amazon Simple Queue Service
• 100,000 requests per month,