Hacker Gary McKinnon has lost his final appeal to be tried in Britain and now faces extradition to the US.
Gary McKinnon has previously confessed to having entered US computer systems without authorisation, in an attempt to find evidence of extra-terrestrial life and technology. However, he denies causing the damages with which he has been charged.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
McKinnon could face 60 years in a US jail.
We've rounded up the best of the coverage of McKinnon's case below, including an interview with McKinnon in which he offers top tips on protecting your network from hackers.
Gary McKinnon articles on ComputerWeekly.com
- Gary McKinnon's lawyer speaks out, 23 January 2009
- Hacker McKinnon to stay while DPP considers a UK trial, 20 January 2009
- US took 39 months to demand McKinnon's extradition, 19 January 2009
- Exclusive podcast interview: Gary McKinnon's mum on why she believes her son should be tried in the UK, 16 January 2009
- High Court could delay McKinnon's extradition appeal, 15 January 2009
- Gary McKinnon's mother's appeal to the DPP, 12 January 2009
- Hacker Gary Mckinnon to be extradited to the US within days, 13 October 2008
- Hacker Gary McKinnon loses extradition appeal at European Court of Human Rights, 28 August 2008
- Hacker McKinnon gets 14-day reprieve from extradition, 13 August 2008
- Hacker McKinnon looks to Europe to avoid extradition, 1 August 2008
- US embarrassed that UFO hacker could easily access military computers, 17 June 2008
- Security blogger Stuart King offers his two cents' worth on Gary McKinnon, 17 June 2008
- Latest from the House of Lords: Gary McKinnon broke into 73,000 US government computers, Lords told, 16 June 2008
- Lords to rule on hacker Gary McKinnon's extradition, 13 June 2008
- Hacker Gary McKinnon's legal battle intensifies, 13 June 2008
- Hacking US military systems was child's play, says Gary McKinnon, plus top tips on how to protect your network from hackers , 13 June 2008
- UK hacker faces life term if extradited, court told, 14 Feb 2007
- US military made basic errors in data security says hacking suspect, 2 May 2006
- 'Average hacker' skills shut down US defence systems, 21 Nov 2002
- Pentagon hacker worked for city IT departments, 21 Nov 2002
- London system administrator faces extradition for hacking US military, 13 Nov 2002
|Latest on Gary McKinnon from ComputerWeekly.com|
Gary McKinnon information elsewhere on the web
- US Department of Justice indictment for Gary McKinnon
- Free Gary McKinnon campaign website
- This much I know: Gary McKinnon, The Observer, 22 April 2007
- Profile: Gary McKinnon from BBC News (Technology), 3 April 2007
- Video: Hacker fears UFO cover up: BBC Click Online, 5 May 2006
- Game Over: Jon Ronson meets Gary McKinnon, The Guardian, 9 July 2005
- Gary McKinnon videos on YouTube
Browse more articles on Gary McKinnon...
Photo: Copyright Ian Grant 2008