Hitachi and NEC see fruits of joint venture

Alaxala Networks, the backbone-network router and switch joint venture announced by Hitachi and NEC earlier this year, began...

Alaxala Networks, the backbone-network router and switch joint venture announced by Hitachi and NEC earlier this year, has begun operations.

The company will handle the development, design and manufacture of the networking products, selling them to Hitachi and NEC, and also through distributors under its own name. Hitachi owns 60% of the company and NEC holds the remaining 40%.

Alaxala begins operations with three products:

  • the AX7800R high-end gigabit router
  • the AX7800S high-end multilevel switch
  • AX5400S mid-range multilevel switch.

Hitachi and NEC have both introduced the Alaxala products under their respective brands and with their own model numbers. Hitachi will put the gigabit router on sale from Friday and the other two products from December, while NEC will sell all three from December.

The parent companies hope the venture will achieve sales of ¥40bn (£201m) in the financial year from April 2005.

Martyn Williams writes for IDG News Service

Read more on Server hardware

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

Please create a username to comment.

-ADS BY GOOGLE

SearchCIO

SearchSecurity

SearchNetworking

SearchDataCenter

SearchDataManagement

Close