BAA’s latest London airport terminal, Heathrow Terminal 5 was hardly out of the headlines in March 2008 due to cancelled flights and ensuing chaos for passengers .
But while the headlines at the time weren't favourable, the construction and day-to-day operation of Terminal 5 is based on ambitious and innovative use of IT.
To catch up on what has happened in the current crisis and background information on Heathrow Terminal 5 from Computer Weekly, see the links below.
- Heathrow's Terminal Five hit by more baggage handling problems
- British airline pilots slam British Airways over Terminal Five
- A fifth of flights cancelled at Heathrow Terminal 5 following technical problems
- Baggage handling system glitch mars Heathrow Terminal 5 opening
- BAA picks barcodes over RFID for terminal 5
- BAA suspends fingerprint biometrics security system at Heathrow Terminal 5
- Heathrow Terminal 5 to make innovative use of IT
- British Airways network at Terminal 5 ready to go
- BAA to RFID tag taxis to boost Terminal 5 security