Essar Steel wanted to bring efficiency and speed to its business processes across supply chain, production, stock transfer, and sales. As the company had a global footprint (Asia, Canada, Middle East, and USA), a broad business portfolio, and a wide network of 600 steel retail outlets in India, getting a bird’s eye view to spot trends and derive insights had become a challenge.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
More on Essar Steel
The business heads at Essar wanted to analyze buying patterns to reward the company’s loyal steel customers on a regular basis, thus creating the need for business intelligence software. The company found it a complex affair to manually integrate data from variety of existing source systems like JDA, i2, SAP ECC and other legacy platforms. Essar Steel realized that BI could give a common platform that would help it stage, integrate, and present information to its users for their all information needs.
BI system at Essar Steel covers:
Benefits delivered by BI:
- With implementation of BI, Essar Steel achieved consistency in KPI definitions organization-wide.
- Comprehensive dashboards to monitor and measure performance facilitated timely and strategic decisions.
- Reduced time and resources required for data preparation resulted in reduction in TCO for MIS teams at Essar.
- One version of truth created a single and reliable reference for reviews by the management teams.
- The intuitive reporting layer of the BI platform helped the users at Essar Steel become self sufficient on reporting.