CA Technologies has extended its IT management tools to support the Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC).
The company said its CA Virtual Assurance, CA Service Automation, CA Service Assurance and the Nimsoft Monitoring Solution can be used automate and monitor cloud applications. The products enable IT managers to deploy applications and resources within the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure and monitor the technical performance of the services.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
CA Technologies said the extended support for Amazon would help users achieve greater business agility and cost-effectively optimise their IT supply chain.
With Amazon VPC, CA Technologies customers can extend their datacentre into the cloud using a secure industry-standard encrypted IPsec virtual private network (VPN) connection. Users can create an isolated network, specify the IP address range, and then launch Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances into that network, CA Technologies said.
What CA's cloud management tools do
• CA Virtual Automation: deploy, expand, and control resources into Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• CA Virtual Assurance: monitor and manage combined on-premise, and AWS resources.
• CA Spectrum Automation Manager: self-service interface and administrator control for provisioning of compute resources on AWS.
• CA AutoSys Workload Automation: provision AWS cloud resources dynamically.
• CA Insight Database Performance Manager: improve availability of databases running within physical, virtual and/or AWS environments.
• Nimsoft Monitoring Solution: monitor, manage, and optimise the performance of applications, from the datacentre to the AWS environment.