As spyware continues to threaten the stability of corporate infrastructures, it's crucial to understand how this malicious software works and how to defend against it. This guide is a compilation of resources that explain what spyware is, how it attacks and most importantly what you can to do to win the war on spyware. Send us an e-mail to let us know what other guides you'd like to see on SearchSecurity.com.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
|Introduction to spyware||Return to Table of Contents|
- Glossary Definition: Spyware
- Glossary Definition: Adware
- Glossary Definition: Malware
- Glossary Definition: Freeware
- Glossary Definition: PUP
- Advice: Malware signature updates
- Article: A wolf in sheep's clothing, Part 1
- Article: A wolf in sheep's clothing Part 2
- Article: Who best to define spyware?
- Article: Expert's weigh in on spyware's defining moment
- Article: What is spyware? Industry group has an answer.
- Column: Spyware vs. viruses: Two different fights
- Column: Security Bytes: Group takes stab at defining spyware
- Quiz: Is spyware getting the best of you?
|How spyware attacks||Return to Table of Contents|
- Glossary Definition: Keylogger
- Glossary Definition: Browser hijacker
- Glossary Definition: Rootkit
- Glossary Definition: Trojan
- Glossary Definition: Drive-by download
- Glossary Definition: Pop-up download
- Glossary Definition: Social engineering
- Advice: The rise of Windows-based rootkits
- Article: Adware first to exploit critical flaws
- Article: Spyware in the back of their minds
- Article: Antivirus vendors admit they dropped the ball on spyware
- Article: The rootkit of all evil?
- Book Chapter: Leave no trace: Understanding attackers' motives
- Q&A: FAQs on spyware and malware
- Tip: Words to know: Spyware
- Tip: I, botnet
- Tip: Invasion force
- Tip: Evolution: Rise of the bots
- Tip: Top 10 spyware threats
- Tip: The root of rootkits
- Tip: What is spyware: The definition dilemma
- Webcast: How does spyware work…and how can you safeguard your business
|Effects of spyware||Return to Table of Contents|
- Advice: Spyware's impact on the network
- Advice: Is spyware allowing someone to read my e-mail en route to my client?
- Article: Combating DNS attacks in your own backyard
- Article: Spyware in 87% of corporate PCs
- Article: Spyware costs plague SMBs
- Article: Spyware and adware rage on
- Article: Security vendor warns of identity theft ring
- Article: Spyware Survey: Coming to terms with the problem
- Case Study : Hardcore spyware among the missing
- Tip: Hijacked browser
- Tip: The ever-constant restart
|Combating spyware||Return to Table of Contents|
- Advice: Using Spybot Search & Destroy in a corporate setting
- Article: Spyware Survey: Squashing the pests in your PC
- Article: Spyware Survey: Do users want Uncle Sam in this fight?
- Checklist: Spyware removal checklist
- Technical Paper: Top tools for testing your online security
- Tip: Fighting browser-based spyware
- Tip: Tools for combating spyware in the enterprise
- Tip: Beyond AV: Eliminating evasive malware
- Tip: The nasty truth about spyware
- Tip: How to run antispyware tools
- Tip: Check IT list: How to prevent spyware
- Tip: How to reduce risks with URL filtering
- Tip: How to detect and prevent keylogger attacks
- Tip: Security awareness training: How to educate employees about spyware
- Tip: End-user's spyware prevention checklist
- Tip: Shopping for antispyware solutions
- Webcast: Locking down your Web applications
- Webcast: Exterminating browser-based malware
- Webcast: How does spyware work...and how can you safeguard your business
- Webcast: Slaying spyware: Advice from the experts
|The future of spyware||Return to Table of Contents|
- Article: Wave of defection for antispyware consortium
- Article: Spyware shifts from marketing to robbery
- Article: Symantec threat report: A closer look
- Article: Bots in the A/C, spyware in the 'fridge
- Feature: ISP liability: Does the bot stop here?
- Feature: ISP liability, Part 2: Does the bot stop here?
- Tip: Ditch IE?
- Tip: Is Firefox spyware's next target
|More Security Learning Resources|
|SECURITY SCHOOL||LEARNING GUIDES||CHECKLISTS||GLOSSARY||ASK THE EXPERTS|