As spyware continues to threaten the stability of corporate infrastructures, it's crucial to understand how this malicious software works and how to defend against it. This guide is a compilation of resources that explain what spyware is, how it attacks and most importantly what you can to do to win the war on spyware. Send us an e-mail to let us know what other guides you'd like to see on SearchSecurity.com.
|Introduction to spyware||Return to Table of Contents|
- Glossary Definition: Spyware
- Glossary Definition: Adware
- Glossary Definition: Malware
- Glossary Definition: Freeware
- Glossary Definition: PUP
- Advice: Malware signature updates
- Article: A wolf in sheep's clothing, Part 1
- Article: A wolf in sheep's clothing Part 2
- Article: Who best to define spyware?
- Article: Expert's weigh in on spyware's defining moment
- Article: What is spyware? Industry group has an answer.
- Column: Spyware vs. viruses: Two different fights
- Column: Security Bytes: Group takes stab at defining spyware
- Quiz: Is spyware getting the best of you?
|How spyware attacks||Return to Table of Contents|
- Glossary Definition: Keylogger
- Glossary Definition: Browser hijacker
- Glossary Definition: Rootkit
- Glossary Definition: Trojan
- Glossary Definition: Drive-by download
- Glossary Definition: Pop-up download
- Glossary Definition: Social engineering
- Advice: The rise of Windows-based rootkits
- Article: Adware first to exploit critical flaws
- Article: Spyware in the back of their minds
- Article: Antivirus vendors admit they dropped the ball on spyware
- Article: The rootkit of all evil?
- Book Chapter: Leave no trace: Understanding attackers' motives
- Q&A: FAQs on spyware and malware
- Tip: Words to know: Spyware
- Tip: I, botnet
- Tip: Invasion force
- Tip: Evolution: Rise of the bots
- Tip: Top 10 spyware threats
- Tip: The root of rootkits
- Tip: What is spyware: The definition dilemma
- Webcast: How does spyware work…and how can you safeguard your business
|Effects of spyware||Return to Table of Contents|
- Advice: Spyware's impact on the network
- Advice: Is spyware allowing someone to read my e-mail en route to my client?
- Article: Combating DNS attacks in your own backyard
- Article: Spyware in 87% of corporate PCs
- Article: Spyware costs plague SMBs
- Article: Spyware and adware rage on
- Article: Security vendor warns of identity theft ring
- Article: Spyware Survey: Coming to terms with the problem
- Case Study : Hardcore spyware among the missing
- Tip: Hijacked browser
- Tip: The ever-constant restart
|Combating spyware||Return to Table of Contents|
- Advice: Using Spybot Search & Destroy in a corporate setting
- Article: Spyware Survey: Squashing the pests in your PC
- Article: Spyware Survey: Do users want Uncle Sam in this fight?
- Checklist: Spyware removal checklist
- Technical Paper: Top tools for testing your online security
- Tip: Fighting browser-based spyware
- Tip: Tools for combating spyware in the enterprise
- Tip: Beyond AV: Eliminating evasive malware
- Tip: The nasty truth about spyware
- Tip: How to run antispyware tools
- Tip: Check IT list: How to prevent spyware
- Tip: How to reduce risks with URL filtering
- Tip: How to detect and prevent keylogger attacks
- Tip: Security awareness training: How to educate employees about spyware
- Tip: End-user's spyware prevention checklist
- Tip: Shopping for antispyware solutions
- Webcast: Locking down your Web applications
- Webcast: Exterminating browser-based malware
- Webcast: How does spyware work...and how can you safeguard your business
- Webcast: Slaying spyware: Advice from the experts
|The future of spyware||Return to Table of Contents|
- Article: Wave of defection for antispyware consortium
- Article: Spyware shifts from marketing to robbery
- Article: Symantec threat report: A closer look
- Article: Bots in the A/C, spyware in the 'fridge
- Feature: ISP liability: Does the bot stop here?
- Feature: ISP liability, Part 2: Does the bot stop here?
- Tip: Ditch IE?
- Tip: Is Firefox spyware's next target
|More Security Learning Resources|
|SECURITY SCHOOL||LEARNING GUIDES||CHECKLISTS||GLOSSARY||ASK THE EXPERTS|