Opera Mobile 10.1 is available in beta and can be downloaded from Google's application store, Android Market, for free. Opera claims the new version gives Android users better browser performance and improved user experience.
"Android users now have a better choice when it comes to using a browser on their mobile devices," said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. "With Opera's new browser for Android, we give users the opportunity to access the web using the best tools available."
Opera Mobile 10.1 beta for Android features:
- Faster page loading
- Speed Dial gives quick access to favourite websites
- Password manager
- Opera Turbo provides up to 80% data compression for browsing on slow networks
- Opera Presto rendering engine
- Sync bookmarks across devices with Opera Link
- Ability to be set as the default browser
- Geolocation support
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) support
- Easy tab management with visual tabs
Read more on Business applications
Adobe Systems is planning to put its Flash Player on mobile devices in a move that could allow companies to offer a single website that users can browse...