Nearly half of the people responsible for buying products and services for businesses expect to outsource some of their department's work in the next two years.
Research carried out by procurement professionals forum Procurement Leaders Network and service provider Capgemini, revealed that 47% of procurement professionals are planning to outsource in the next 24 months.
A total of 37% said they expect to outsource in the next year.
Other findings included:
- 70% of chief procurement officers (CPOs) said that supplier relationship management is an area they are focussing on.
- 87% of CPOs are involved in negotiating outsourcing deals
- 71% are involved in supplier selection
- 94% said that cost reduction is a major challenge
- 86% said that the proven capability of supplier is the most important selection criteria.