A French man claims he was injured by an exploding iPhone as he was texting a friend.
Yassine Bouhadi, a 26-year-old supermarket watchman, said he was hit in the eye with a glass shard when his iPhone exploded. He said he is planning to consult a doctor and sue for damages, the French news agency AFP reported yesterday
Overheating problems have led the European Commission to order an investigation into the iPhone's safety.
This is the second report that an iPhone has exploded in France. The French cases follow a report of an exploding iPod owned by an 11-year-old girl in Britain.
France's consumer watchdog, the DGCCRF, opened an investigation after a French teenager suffered an eye injury in a similar iPhone incident earlier this month.
Apple Apple told the European Commission on August 14 that the exploding screen cases reported so far were "isolated incidents", Reuters said.
It is widely suspected that the problem lies with lithium ion batteries. Similar faulty batteries caused laptops to burst into flame.