By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
These acquisitions followed deals for a string of robotics firms, including Industrial Perception, which focuses on 3D-vision-guided robotic technologies.
More on artificial intelligence
- Time for artificial intelligence to make life easier
- MIT scientists take a step closer to artificial intelligence
- Video: Artificial intelligence plays Mario
- John McCarthy, father of artificial intelligence and creator of Lisp language, dies aged 84
- Royal Mail turns to artificial intelligence to answer customer enquiries
- AIBO (artificial intelligence roBOt)
The City Guides app, for devices running the Apple mobile operating system, analyses public Instagram images with location data and extracts features such as blue-sky views.
According to Jetpac’s website, its current apps will be removed from the Apple App Store “in the coming days” and support will end on 15 September.
Jetpac’s neural network technology was developed by the company’s founder and chief technology officer Pete Warden.
Warden also wrote two neural network-based demonstrator apps, still available on Apple’s App Store, according to The Guardian.
One of the apps, Spotter, attempts to identify objects. The other, Deep Belief, can be trained to recognise objects.