RSA 2014: News, analysis and video from RSA Conference 2014
A comprehensive collection of articles, videos and more, hand-picked by our editors
RSA, the security division of EMC, has announced a programme designed to enable a new generation of managed security services.
The RSA Managed Security Partner (MSP) programme uses intelligence-led security systems such as RSA Security Analytics to help enterprises better detect and mitigate advanced threats.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The announcements come just ahead of the official start of RSA Conference 2014 in San Francisco.
The MSP programme provides a technology platform, professional services and training to enable select partners to offer fully managed security and critical incident response services.
The programme is aimed at helping enterprises to overcome skills shortages and the limitations of outdated technologies to meet the challenge of advanced targeted and persistent attacks.
According to RSA, the programme will make its advanced, intelligence-led Security Operations Center (SOC) capabilities accessible to enterprises of all sizes.
More on intelligence-led security
- RSA Europe: New intelligence-led security model needed
- Security Think Tank: The only sustainable approach to security is intelligence-led
- Security Think Tank: Intelligence-led security could give IT pros the edge
- Security Think Tank: Proof of intelligence-led security is in the metrics
- Security Think Tank: Using big data for intelligence-led security
- Security Think Tank: Intelligence-led security is about risk management
- Security Think Tank: Intelligence-led security is more efficient and effective
- Security Think Tank: Security intelligence needs a plan
The RSA products and services are designed to enable RSA MSP programme members to deliver to their customers capabilities that include:
- Comprehensive IT visibility
- Advanced security monitoring for detection, investigation, remediation and management capabilities
- Improved threat detection
- Advanced endpoint malware detection
- Security incident management
Through introducing this programme, RSA said it hopes to lead the way in defining and delivering intelligence-driven security.
With its managed security partners, RSA will enable enterprises of all sizes to benefit from the latest capabilities in advanced cyber defences, said Amit Yoran, senior vice-president of RSA.
Eddie Schwartz, vice-president of global security solutions at Verizon Enterprise Solutions, said that by joining forces RSA and Verizon will be better equipped to help customers recognise and respond to complex threats.
Guido Guerrieri, executive partner at Communication Valley Reply, said recognition as the programme’s first European partner underpins the firm’s continuous investment to support clients in the adoption of the best security systems.
“RSA leads the way in providing great technology, while Communication Valley Reply's services will assure clients that skilled people are watching 24x7 and constantly developing solutions that help protect the cyber security of their company,” he said.