By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The government set out 22 recommendations to create Digital Britain.
Speaking in Parliament, Culture Secretary Andy Burnham set out Lord Carter's key recommendations for:
- A 2mbps universal service obligation on network providers
- A new rights agency to protect online content
- Internet service providers forced to tell illegal file-sharers their actions are illegal
- Modernise radio spectrum to increase digital radio communications
- Provide new systems for parents to use to protect children against unwanted content
>> See also: The Carter Review: Digital Britain