The government set out 22 recommendations to create Digital Britain.
Speaking in Parliament, Culture Secretary Andy Burnham set out Lord Carter's key recommendations for:
- A 2mbps universal service obligation on network providers
- A new rights agency to protect online content
- Internet service providers forced to tell illegal file-sharers their actions are illegal
- Modernise radio spectrum to increase digital radio communications
- Provide new systems for parents to use to protect children against unwanted content
>> See also: The Carter Review: Digital Britain