Wii consoles, Sony Blu-ray high definition video players and televison sets, and Asus eee notebook PCs are the...
items most likely to fill stockings on Christmas morning, say AOL Shopping and the PriceGrabber.co.uk, the price comparison site.
This conclusion is based on information from more than 17 million unique visitors to AOL's UK network.
The top 10 searches were for
• Sony Bravia KDL-32V4000 32" LCD TV
• Acer Aspire One AOA110-Aw Notebook
• Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500 40" LCD TV
• Sony KDL-40W4000 40" LCD TV
• Panasonic DMC-FZ28 Black Digital Camera
• HP (Hewlett-Packard) Compaq 2133 Mini-Note Notebook
• Samsung NC10 White Notebook
• Asus Eee PC 901 Black Notebook
• Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5EB-K Black Digital Camera
• Pioneer PDP-LX5090 50" Plasma TV
The Nintendo Wii is winning the battle with the PS3 and Xbox 360. Wii took 44.09% of the searches followed by Xbox 360 (35.65%) and Sony PS3 (20.24%), they said.
Competition for the Blu-ray market is between Sony (44.84%) and Panasonic (43.37%) with the rest responsible for less than 10% of searches. The average price of a top 10 Blu-ray player is now under £310, they said.