The government's deputy director of the G-Cloud, Andy Tait, has joined VMware as public services strategy head.
Tait also held the position of deputy director for datacentre consolidation and the application store programme at the Cabinet Office.
Under his new position Tait will work with public service organisations to highlight the role IT can play in driving efficiencies throughout an organisation.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Previously, Tait worked as director at the Identity and Passport Service, head of internet operations at BBC Technology, where his team built the prototype for the successful iPlayer, and operations director at Exodus Internet Limited.
"Through my work on the G-Cloud programme, I have been impressed with the many examples of public sector organisations using VMware technology to make a genuine difference to the services they can deliver and the cost efficiencies they have achieved," he said.
Mark Newton, VMware regional director for UK & Ireland, said: "With his experience in the public sector, Andy will play a major role in ensuring we continue to innovate and enhance our offering to deliver the technologies and services that make a real difference to our customers."
- Cloud Security Issues: How to navigate the cloud securely & confidently
- How to select cloud formations for secure business collaboration
- Gartner: 7 configuration management tips for virtual and cloud infrastructure
- Cloud computing - look before you leap
- Cloud buyers' decision tree
- Gartner: The impact of cloud computing in retail
- Building return on investment from cloud computing
- Strengthening your business case for using cloud
- PA Consulting: Securing data in the cloud
- Customer-supplier relationships in the cloud
- Interoperability in the cloud - a guide from PA consulting
- Cloud Computing - Taking IT to task
- Gartner: Five Roles for Government in Cloud Computing
- The impact of cloud computing in retail
- The impact of cloud computing on suppliers in banking
- 7 configuration management tips for virtual and cloud infrastructure
- Further IT spending cuts likely in Europe's public sector