Defence contractor Thales, in partnership with Intellect and the Home Office, is looking for small firms with a technology that can improve airline security from check-in to check-out.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
The company is offering £50,000 in cash, which successful companies can have a share of. It will also be an opportunity for the companies to test their technology in a real environment as well as gain access to industry experts and potential customers.
The project, known as INSTINCT-Technology Demonstrator 2 (TD2), was launched at the recent Farnborough air show.
The technology will include software and hardware that is used to check customers when using air travel.
Charles Ward, COO of IT suppliers association Intellect, said this will open the doors to companies of all sizes. "Intellect's SME members play an important role in the industry as a source of new and innovative technology. This is an extremely fast moving environment where agility and creativity are also important. SMEs in the UK have proven consistently adept at finding pioneering solutions to constantly evolving requirements and play a vital role in the security ecosystem. It is important they are given the opportunity to trial and showcase their solutions."
Entries must be in by the closing date 21 August.
For further information, or to submit your ideas, e-mail INSTINCT-TD2@uk.thalesgroup.com
Successful entries will benefit from:
- The opportunity to share in a cash prize from a prize fund of £50,000
- The opportunity to test their technology, solution or idea in a real environment
- Gaining invaluable knowledge of the aviation security environment and the application of their technology within this market
- Access to aviation and industry experts to help them to trial, demonstrate and market their technology in the best possible way
- Access to a wide range of potential customers and users
- Coaching and support in the development of their technology, solution or idea into a marketable product and business planning;
- Financial support to offset reasonable costs associated with taking part in the trials, subject to status
- Protection of intellectual property
- Full support and guidance throughout the entire project.