One-third of professionals in the UK now use business-focused social networking site LinkedIn.
The site has added one million users in the past eight months in the UK and is on average adding one member every second across the world.
LinkedIn is the social media site of choice for many professionals and is used by big businesses to recruit.
For example, Microsoft asked a member of its IT recruitment staff to put together a team to reverse-engineer viruses. By using LinkedIn Microsoft saved an estimated £60,000 and was able to source candidates with specialist IT skills from across Europe.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
LinkedIn's key stats:
• 4 million UK members
• 15 million European members
• 25% of FTSE 100 companies hire through LinkedIn
• 50% of Fortune 100 companies hire through LinkedIn
• 1 professional joins LinkedIn every second
• 1 million professionals joining LinkedIn every 12 days
• 1 billion people searched on LinkedIn last year
• There are 500,000 LinkedIn groups.