Akamai Technologies, which provides a content delivery network for speeding up web access, has tied up with application performance management specialist Coradiant to help service providers optimise cloud applications.
The two companies have announced Coradiant Truesight Edge for Akamai, a custom-built, software-based product that provides performance visibility into web applications delivered by Akamai. Available on a monthly subscription, Coradiant TrueSight Edge for Akamai is aimed at helping IT departments to visualise, manage and optimise the performance of global applications in the cloud delivered over the Akamai EdgePlatform.
Lydia Leong, research director at Gartner, said, "IT managers need to be able to see performance in real time, so they know exactly what users are experiencing at any given instant, from any particular geography."
Coradiant Truesight Edge for Akamai includes a software-based virtual appliance that is located in the datacentre of the user business. Akamai and Coradiant said this allows service providers to monitor user performance of their applications delivered over the internet.
"The end-user perspective provides the only accurate point of view to effectively optimise the delivery of complex global web applications," said Ali Hedayati, president and COO at Coradiant.
Last year Akamai introduced tools to tackle cloud inefficiencies.
Coradiant Truesight Edge
- Displays real-time visualisation of application traffic worldwide
- Measures application performance as perceived by the user
- Provides executive dashboards with visibility across all users in real-time
- Compares application performance delivered using Akamai versus other delivery methods
- Collects actionable data required to optimise Akamai delivery and page design for best performance