News

Carter to quit, job done, government confirms

Ian Grant

The government has confirmed that communications czar Stephen Carter will step down, job done, during the summer recess.

A joint statement from the departments of business and culture, media and sports said the move had been planned when the prime minister appointed Carter communications minister to produce the Digital Britain report and its follow-up recommendations.

"This was agreed at the time," the statement said.

Lord Carter will present his report to cabinet on Tuesday before it is published later next week before setting up a detailed implementation plan before parliament went on summer recess.

"We can confirm that he will step down at summer recess with the completion of his work, as originally intended and with the full agreement of the prime minister," the statement said.


Email Alerts

Register now to receive ComputerWeekly.com IT-related news, guides and more, delivered to your inbox.
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy
 

COMMENTS powered by Disqus  //  Commenting policy