Technology pioneers are being recognised for their contributions to society as technolgy becomes part of everyday work and home life.
Steve Jobs has become the latest IT chief to be recognised by a renowned publication for their acheivements with the Financial Times awarding the Apple boss this year's 'Person of the Year' accolade. Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is a previous winner.
Time Magazine earlier this month named Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg as its person of the year.
Jobs joins the following previous winners FT person of the year:
- Barack Obama, US president
- Lakshmi Mittal, steel magnate
- Jean-Claude Trichet, president of the European Central Bank.
Zuckerberg joins the following winners of Time Magazine's person of the year:
- Ben Bernanke, Federal Reserve chairman
- Barack Obama when US president-elect
- Vladimir Putin, Russian PM
- Bono, U2 front man
- George W Bush, former US president
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com CEO and founder.