The critical patch tackles a remote code execution flaw in client and server versions of Windows, and the fix deemed as "important" by Microsoft stops potential spoofing attacks.
Redmond has also re-issued an important patch distributed as part of its August batch of fixes. The patch was for Microsoft Virtual PC and Microsoft Virtual Server.
Microsoft is doing this because the original patch did not install properly on certain systems.
Affected software for the critical November Windows patch:
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
- Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 with SP1 for Itanium-based Systems
- Windows Server 2003 with SP2 for Itanium-based Systems