Why multinationals consider a move
- Tax benefits
- Access to skills
- Communications infrastructure
- Employees are willing to raise their children in the new environment
- Regulatory framework exists in which they feel comfortable doing business.
UK is still an attractive place to do business
- More than half of all foreign investment projects in the UK during 2000/2001 were in the area of information and communications technology, with US companies providing a significant chunk of that business
- UK government officials have highlighted the UK's skilled workforce, low tax base, stable economy and research and development facilities as major selling points for attracting American companies
- Despite the problems with the world economy, analysts remain positive about the UK as a prime location for US IT investment. Overall US investment in the UK for 2001 was $249.2bn, which represented 38.9% of the US' total investment in the European Union.