George Osborne’s budget on Wednesday 23 March 2011 is anticipated to focus on ways to stimulate the private sector. Not least because the Chancellor's ‘Budget for Growth’ will need to find some creative ways of filling the employment gap left by unprecedented public spending cuts. But what will the announcements mean for the IT industry?
Follow our archived live coverage of this year’s Budget announcement and early assessments of what it means for the IT sector.
- Public sector will recoup £11bn through efficiency savings, says Maude
- Interview: Government adviser Martin Read on saving billions with IT
- Efficiency chief Ian Watmore heralds new government IT strategy
- Government tells major IT suppliers - we want more open source software
- Hasty move to shared services risks inflexibility, says Socitm's Jos Creese
- Government needs radical approach to IT, says Institute for Government