Apple warns of potentially shocking iPhone and iPod experience

Apple has warned that iPod and iPhone users could get a shock from static electricity in the company's branded earphones.

Apple has warned that iPod and iPhone users could get a shock from static electricity in the company's branded earphones.

"When using headphones in areas where the air is very dry, it is easy to build up static electricity and possible for your ear to receive a small electrostatic discharge from the headphones," Apple said in a support site posting.

The company emphasised that receiving a static shock from a pair of earbuds does not necessarily indicate an issue with the iPod, iPhone, or sound equipment.

"This condition is not limited to Apple hardware and static can potentially build up on almost any hardware and could be discharged using any brand of earbuds," Apple said.

The posting advised avoiding using the headphones in extremely dry environments or touching a grounded metal object before inserting the headphones.

CW+

Features

Enjoy the benefits of CW+ membership, learn more and join.

Read more on Wireless networking

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy

Please create a username to comment.

-ADS BY GOOGLE

SearchCIO

SearchSecurity

SearchNetworking

SearchDataCenter

SearchDataManagement

Close