Leadership Skills Will Be the PM's Critical Success Factor.
Leadership skills, such as critical thinking, crucial communication and organizational change management, will be strategically imperative project management competencies to master. In todays project management landscape - featuring more complex projects and greater use of virtual teams - being on time and on budget will require not just a laser-like focus on the triple constraints, but on the requisite leadership skills necessary for an individual project manager's success. The challenge for organizations will be to clearly define what "leadership" means in their environment.
This is part 1 of a 10 part video series
Sign-up to Computer Weekly to download more resources on project management >>
- The global state of the project management office
- The global state of the PMO: the UK perspective
- The global state of the PMO: the IT perspective
- Are businesses taking chances when it comes to managing outsourcing risk?
- Successful solutions through agile project management
- Business analyst skillset well-suited to change management
- Computer Weekly study: The state of UK IT project management (2003)