Computer Weekly’s UKtech50 Awards will take place on Wednesday 7th December at the Science Museum, London, 1:30pm to 6:00pm.
Over the course of the afternoon there will be 12 high-profile CIO's talking for 15 minutes to each share one visionary and inspirational idea.
This will be followed by the announcement of the winner of UKtech50 2011 and a networking drinks reception.
Guest speakers include:
- Simon Moorhead, CIO, Bank of England
- Andy Beale, technology director, Guardian News & Media
- Phil Pavitt, CIO, HM Revenue & Customs
- Mark Bramwell, CIO, The Wellcome Trust
- Mike Bracken, HM government digital strategy director
- Simon Meredith, CIO, IBM
- Mike Sackman, CIO, Mitchells & Butlers
- John Harris, chief architect & VP IT Strategy, GlaxoSmithKline and chairman of The Corporate IT Forum
- John Seglias, European CIO, Ipsos, and chairman of BCS Elite
- India GaryMartin, managing director, investment banking technology & operations, JPMorgan
- Ian Alderton, CIO, corporate banking, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Peter Blower, senior IT manager Europe, Starbucks Coffee Company
Host: Bryan Glick, Editor in Chief, ComputerWeekly
- 1:30pm - Registration & refreshments
- 2:00pm - Welcome from host
- 2:10pm - Hear from 12 CIO speakers presenting their great idea to help you grow the influence of IT
- 5:30pm - Announcement of the winner of the UKtech50 2011 -- the most influential person in UK IT
- 5:30 - 6:00pm - Panel debate and audience Q&A
- 6:00pm onwards - UKtech50 drinks and canapes networking reception
Companies confirmed to attend so far:
20th Century Fox, A&N Media, Allianz Insurance, Bank of England, BBC, BCS, Berwin Leighton Paisner, Best Deal Insurance, BG Group, BoardEx, Boots, Brink's Europe, Burberry, Business Growth Fund, Cabinet Office, Christies, CMS Cameron McKenna, Department for Education, Ecofin, Emap, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Fiberweb, Forrester Research, Fujitsu, GB Building Solutions, GlaxoSmithKline, Grant Thornton, Guardian News & Media, Halcrow, HM Government, HM Revenue & Customs, Home Office, Intellect, JBW Group, Ladbrokes, London Fire Brigade, Marks & Spencer, Marshall Wace, Mole Valley District Council, Morrison Utility Services, Nabarro, Nursing & Midwifery Council, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Peabody Trust, Play.com, Promethean, RICS, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sanofi, Save The Children, Scottish Government, SOCA, Sony Computer Entertainment, St Christopher's Fellowship, St James Hospital, Stanley Black & Decker, Starbucks, Surrey Fire & Rescue Service, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Hub, Thames Water, The Open University, The Walt Disney Company, The Wellcome Trust, Tokio Millennium Re, United Biscuits, Universal Pictures, Vehicle and Operator Services Agency, Visit Britain, Xerox.
If you're a UK based IT director and would like to join us at the UKtech50 Awards 2011 please contact our events team.
Unfortunately we cannot confirm anyone who works for an IT service, IT consultancy or recruitment company.
|IBM is proud to sponsor the UKTech50 2011|
To learn more please visit: http://www.ibm.com/services/uk/cio/
This was first published in November 2011